Heal with hearts Dance Program
Dance and Movement Therapy is an expressive way to help people with social, cognitive, emotional and physical development. A dance therapist facilitates movement activities to strengthen communication skills, positive self concept, and emotional development.
Read more about the National Dance Standards here.
The objectives of Heal With HeARTS dance programs are to enable students to:
- Identify and demonstrate movement elements and skills in performing dance
- Understand the choreographic principles, processes, and structures
- Understand dance as a way to create and communicate meaning
- Apply and demonstrate critical and creative thinking skills in dance
- Demonstrate and understand dance in various cultures and historical periods
- Make connections between dance and healthful living
- Make connections between dance and other disciplines