Heal With HeARTS Music Program
National Standards for Music Education will be achieved with Heal with HeARTS music program. These include the following:
- SINGING. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- PERFORMING ON INSTRUMENTS. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- IMPROVISING. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
Read more about the National Standards for Music Education here.
Kids Drum Circle
On the second Sunday of each month, Heal With HeARTS takes over the deck of the Charleston Pour House for a kids drum circle. The cooperative learning activity will enhance the students’ leadership skills, self-discipline, and problem solving. Students are taught to create rhythm patterns.
The drum circle is a wonderful component of Heal with HeARTS Music Program. It provides an opportunity for the community to come together and learn a musical instrument from a Professional Musician.
We are thankful for the partnership with the Charleston Pour House.
Heal With HeARTS provides the music component of its programming in a number of ways and in a variety of Lowcountry locations. Currently, the organization participates in the following:
- MUSC Children's Hospital Art and Music Therapy
- Ferndale Communicaty Center African Dance, Drumming, and Visual Arts
- Engaging Creative Minds
- Charleston STEM Festival
- Hootie and the Blowfish Homegrown Family Day
- North Charleston Havest Festival and Block Party
- North Charleston Arts Festival