Dance and Movement Therapy is an expressive therapy used to help people with social, cognitive, emotional and physical development. The Dance therapist facilitates movement activities to strengthen communication skills, positive self concept, and emotional development.
1. Content Standard: Identifying and demonstrating movement elements and skills in performing dance
2. Content Standard: Understanding the choreographic principles, processes, and structures
3. Content Standard: Understanding dance as a way to create and communicate meaning
4. Content Standard: Applying and demonstrating critical and creative thinking skills in dance
5. Content Standard: Demonstrating and understanding dance in various cultures and historical periods.
6. Content Standard: Making connections between dance and healthful living
7. Content Standard: Making connections between dance and other disciplines
Ella Gantt: Live Your Art
Deninufay African Dance Co. (WOSE OF CHARLESTON EVENT)