Heal with HeARTS
Drum Circle Description
The cooperative learning activity will enhance the students’ leadership skills, self-discipline, and problem solving. Students are taught to create rhythm patterns.
The drum circle is a wonderful component of Heal with HeARTS Music Program. It provides an opportunity for the community to come together and learn a musical instrument from a Professional Musician.
We are thankful for the partnership with the Charleston Pour House.
- STEAM:SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS, MATHEMATICS
- ART, DANCE,AND MUSIC COLLABORATIONS/ INTEGRATION PROJECTS.
- Murray LaSaine Elementary School Art and Music
Music Education Standards
National Music Content Standards will be achieved with Heal with HeARTS music program. These include the following:
I. SINGING. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
II. PERFORMING ON INSTRUMENTS. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
III. IMPROVISING. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
MUSC CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL, ART AND MUSIC THERAPY ACTIVITIES .
- FERNDALE COMMUNITY CENTER- AFRICAN DANCE , DRUMMING, AND VISUAL ARTS
- CHARLESTON POUR HOUSE- MONTHLY DRUM CIRCLES FACILITATED BY PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS
- ENGAGING CREATIVE MINDS: PROMOTE THE ARTS IN THE COMMUNITY AND CHARLESTON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- STEM FESTIVAL
- HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH HOMEGROWN FAMILY DAY
- HARVEST FESTIVAL IN PARK CIRCLE
- N. CHARLESTON ARTS FESTIVAL
- PICCOLO SPOLETO- MASK MAKING